Best Insoles for Converse in 2022
As my wife is starting to bounce back from one of the most difficult pregnancies you could imagine, she is leaning more and more into modern fashion choices. That means, against my better judgment and advice, she has started to wear Converse shoes.
It is her choice and I respect it, but I will be dammed if I will let her wear them without proper foot support. That is why, as she is leaning into this fashion choice, I am leaning into the technicalities of what are the best insoles for Converse and how exactly does one rip out the old ones.
What is the Best Insole for Converse?
Envelop Full Length Massaging Gel Insoles is highly recommended for converses and you will see why in less than 4 minutes.
- GEL INSOLES FOR ALL-DAY COMFORT: Providing cushioned support for the heel and forefoot, the unique honeycomb design...
- HONEYCOMB DESIGN FOR SHOCK ABSORPTION: Unique honeycomb inserts in the heel and forefoot effectively absorb the...
- VERSATILE FIT FULL-LENGTH INSOLE: Easily worn with most shoe styles, the versatile gel inserts can be trimmed for a...
- LIGHTWEIGHT CONSTRUCTION: Constructed with a lightweight silicone gel, the durable insoles are resilient, retaining...
- VIVE GUARANTEE: 60 day unconditional guarantee. Size: Large (Men's 8 - 13) (Women's 10.5 and Under)
The Envelop full gel insole has the following features:
- Full length: between feeling comfortable all through your feet and feeling comfortable from your arches to heels only, which would you prefer? All through your feet, right? We thought as much. This insole offers comfort for the full length and width of your feet, unlike ¾ length insoles
- Extra gel layer: Let’s tell you something else great about this insole. From the arch to the heel of this insole, there is an additional pad of gel layer. Even ¾ length insoles which are designed to provide comfort from the arches to the heels don’t have this feature
- Non-slip textured base: the texture of the base is slip-resistant. There are enough factors that could cause one to fall already, you don’t want your converse insoles to be one of them
- Design: the insole is designed ergonomically. For this, the feet can easily adapt to it
- Made of: lightweight silicone. They are so light that you won’t feel its weight.
- Dual layer of gel cushioning: you know what’s better than one layer of gel cushioning? Two layers! This offers double cushioning effect to give your feet better comfort than it can get from any other insole
- Supports all arch types: whatever arch type you have, this insole will give it the needed support
- Shock absorption and massage: the forefoot and heels have unique honeycomb inserts which helps absorb shock on impact from the feet. It is also these honeycomb inserts that massage the feet
- Health benefit: they help relieve pains in the heel and arch, plantar fasciitis induced pain and reduce foot fatigue
- Versatile: it can be used on other type of shoes apart from Converse such as casual and work shoes
- Durable: they retain their shape and do not flatten out with time
- Trimmable: if when you buy them, they do not fit perfectly you can trim them to your taste using your previously owned insole
- They are not suitable for sports shoes
Before using this insole or any other insole, you may have to remove the insole your shoe came with, so…
How Do You Remove Insoles from Converse Shoes?
Except the insoles are already worn out, you’ll have a tough time removing Converse insoles because they are usually glued to the footbed.
It’s sometimes not necessary to remove the insoles the shoes come with before placing the new insoles. But if you need to, the following tricks below have worked for others and should work for you.
- Pull back the toe end and carefully pull out the insole. This would require that you also peel the insole
If the above doesn’t work apply heat:
- You can turn your hairdryer to a high heat and direct the steam to the inside of the shoe on the insole to loosen the glue, or
- Put the shoes in an oven for some seconds to soften the glue
Caution: Do not expose to heat for long to avoid melting glue binding other parts of the shoe.
The creators of Converse did not intend for the insoles to be removed, that is why the insoles are glued to the foot bed. However, upon observing their shortcoming, they made certain modifications that led to Converse Lunarlon.
The Converse Lunarlon features the Nike Lunarlon which is a soft, bouncy, lightweight insole. The next section will be discussing more about the new converse.
What is a Good Pair of Converse Shoes with Removable Insoles?
Converse Lunarlon is also known as the Converse Chuck Taylor II. The former highlights its new major addition- lunarlon, while the later tells what edition in the Chuck series it is- edition II. So whatever name you call it will be fine.
The new Converse comes about 100 years after the debut of its predecessor and has new features which keeps it top of the list of most comfortable fashion shoes you can have. However, it retains its former outlook.
What are the features of Converse Lunarlon?
- Lunarlon: One major feature of the new Converse is its removable insoles known as Nike Lunarlon (Converse is a subsidiary of Nike), which makes you wish you could fold all your body into your shoes. The feel of the Lunarlon on the feet is just too comfortable to be enjoyed by only the feet.
The above feature is essential and a huge upgrade from the previous insole that wasn’t removable, except by force.
- Tencil Canvas: If you have used or use the old Converse, you’ll observe that the new Converse uses tougher Tencel canvas which makes the shoe feel firm and provides ankle support.
Below are reviews of other insoles that are good for Converse
1. Physix Gear Sport Full Length Orthotic Inserts
Physix Gear Sports claim to want better health for a better you and for you to Treat your feet. It achieves its claims with the features and benefits below.
- Semi-rigid arch support: this insole provides the needed support for your arch while you flex in your converse. This is especially important for those with flat feet, runner’s knee, Achilles tendinitis and shin splits
- Deep heel cradle: provides special cushioning for the heel. This feature also helps to provide stability. The heel is naturally fuller than the rest of the foot for a reason. It is therefore necessary that insoles reflect this
- Make of the inserts: it is made of EVA foam and polyurethane material. Both are qualitative materials and feel really cosy on the feet
- Design: the insole has a low-profile, relatively thin design with curves at the arch to provide support for it, and at the heels to cradle it. It is designed to look like the human feet
- Unisex: suitable for both male and female shoes
- Perfect for: people who stand for prolonged time such as retail employees, waiters and waitresses etc
- Pain-relief: It reduces stress and strain in the lower limb and at the same time helps to maintain correct posture.
- For use in: apart from Converses, it is perfect for sports shoes, such as mountain climbing shoes, rock climbing shoes, running shoes etc
- Prevents: feet injuries like foot and heel pain, plantar fasciitis, ball of the foot pain and other injuries that are caused by wrong foot-positioning
- What more? This is not an ordinary insert, it is an orthotic. Orthotics are known to be shoe inserts that eases and often corrects foot and foot-related problems. They are praised to have prevented a lot of foot surgeries
2. Dr Scholl’s Comfort & Energy Massaging Gel Ultra-thin Insoles
Dr. Scholl’s is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to insole production. With every product from Dr. Scholl comes a different experience, and with this product comes the following features and benefits
- Ultra-thin forefoot: this insole is thinner in the forefoot because that’s usually the tightest part of the shoe. It is the thin forefoot that makes it possible for it to fit into dress shoes without feeling tight. This feature makes it especially suitable for Converses
- Arch guard technology: provides heel and arch support. There are special implants under the heel and arch, these provide comfort and reduce shock on impact
- Massaging gel waves: present on most parts of the insole. They help by massaging your feet
- Massage: you know the relief you get when you come home, take off your shoes and massage your feet after a long stressful day at work? Exactly! That’s the relief this insole gives you all day long. With its massage gel, every time you slip your feet on these insoles, you sign up for a massage. This keeps you comfortable all day and adds springs to your step
- This insole is recommendable for persons who work on their feet all day, big and heavy guys, etc.
- Dual wave design: provides energizing support and cushioning
- Suitable for: dress shoes, sneakers, casual shoes, All Stars etc
- Reduces: muscle fatigue in feet and legs
Some users made the following complaints about this insole
- It never sticks in place and always moves around even after sizing it properly.
- The gel starts wearing out after about one month of use
- It offers no cushioning in the toe or ball of the foot area
3. Dr. Scholl’s Memory Fit Massaging Gel Advanced Insoles
With a great customer rating, these insoles must be doing so many things right.
- Ultra-soft memory foam: unlike the previous insole we reviewed, this insole has memory foam which essentially is a pillow-like foam that provides soft cushioning for the feet, and at the same time conforms to the shape of your feet
- Massaging gel: you walk different when your feet feel good. The massaging gel advanced waves makes the feet feel good and adds more bounce to your step
- Heel and arch support: infused with firmer gel around the heel and arch to give extra support to those places
- Cooling vents: this works by wicking away moisture to keep the feet cool and dry
- Helps to relieve tired, achy feet and muscle fatigue
- It provides your feet with comfort for as long as you wear it
- They are perfect for use in casual shoes, sneakers and work boots or shoes
- Provides shock absorption and cushioning all day especially on hard surfaces
- There is provision for them to be trimmed to fit your feet, in case they don’t fit perfectly
- It prevents smelly foot and smelly shoes by keeping the feet dry using the cooling vents which promotes air flow. The feet could easily get hot inside a pair of Converses, which without good insoles would start smelling. It is therefore advisable to get this insole
What users did not like about this product:
- The insoles do not provide enough arch support
- They move around the shoes while wearing them
- They are not quite durable as they barely last one month before the gel starts to break
- The memory foam does not provide enough support for people working for long hours
Despite these complaints, most users who commented about the product were content with what they got with one saying, “I have been walking on clouds since I got these insoles.”
4. Sof Sole Men’s Athlete Performance Full Length Gel Shoe Inserts
- Gel pads in heel and forefoot: to provide extra cushioning in those areas
- Arch design: it has a neutral arch design which makes it suitable for all arch types
- Microban: which is an antibacterial embedded in the foam of Airr to inhibit bacteria that causes smelly feet and smelly shoes
- It uses Hydrologix: which is a moisture wicking technology to keep the feet fresh and dry all day long
- Shock absorption: It cushions and absorbsshock and pressure from the heel and forefoot
- Versatile: can fit into most shoes and it’s recommended especially for running, walking, cross training, hiking and casual shoes
- It is a full-length insole: created to provide comfort for the full length of the feet
- Trimmable: they can further be customized to your size by trimming carefully
Testimonies from other satisfied users:
- These insoles have prevented pain blisters, sore feet, feet and back ache and any possible foot problems I would have otherwise experienced due to my strenuous activities and they have kept my feet in good shape
- Durable: I have been using these insoles for over two years and their durability is just as awesome as the comfort they provide
- Non-slip: They come with an adhesive-like backing to make them stay put when you place them in your shoes
5. Powerstep Arch Support Shoe Orthotic Inserts
- Dual layer cushion: its high-quality targeted cushioning protects your feet while standing, walking and while you are engaged in athletic activities
- Ultra-thin design: it has a low-profile design which makes it possible for it to fit into most shoes while providing full length, total contact support
- Premium heel cradle: cushions your feet with every step, provides extra cushion for your heels and increases stability
- Top fabric: is made of polyester which keeps the feet cosy
- Arch Support: has a built-in arch support to provide comfort for every arch type
What satisfied users had to say about these insoles:
- They give great arch support and ease knee pain
- They are perfect for big and heavy guys and are worth more than double the price they are sold for
- If you have foot pain/plantar fasciitis, you are doing yourself a great disservice by not buying these. Since I started using these insoles, I wake up free of foot pain unlike previously, when my first steps for the day felt like I had broken bones
- Initially they may hurt as it requires that you break them in. But this lasts for only a few hours or a few days at most
6. Spenco PolySorb Cross Trainer Athletic Insoles
- Spencore heel plug: cushions impact the heels make with the ground while walking
- Forefoot crash pad: has a similar function with the heel pad, only that its located in the forefoot. It reduces pressure at the forefoot.
- PolySorb polyurethane foam: placed at the arch and heels as support for them
- Full foot cushioning and support: absorbs shock which it returns as energy
- Arch design: designed neutrally to give support to all arch types
- Suitable for both male and female shoes
- It improves athletic performance and prolongs shoe life
- They are durable. Some users claim to have used it for more than 2 years
- It returns the shock it absorbs as energy making it an excellent insole for athletic shoes
- Its anti-microbial surface helps prevent blisters and inhibits odor-causing bacteria from incubating
- Recommendable for people with plantar fasciitis, shin splits, feet pain and feet related injuries to relieve the pain
- All the materials use in the production of this insole work individually to provide general comfort for the feet
- They take up space, making them not recommendable for flat shoes such as ballet shoes
7. Spenco Rx Comfort Thin Cushioning Shoe Insoles
- Made of: nylon. This accounts for its light weight
- SpenCore layer: this cushions impact and reduces pressure
- Design: ergonomically constructed for persons with low arch
- Technical topcloth weave: fights against odour and prevent blisters
- Silpure: an anti-microbial surface that helps prevent the growth of odour-causing bacteria
- They are easy to wash and maintain
- They are perfect for flat shoes due to their thinness
- They provide extra cushioning and fit well under custom-made half-sole orthotics
- As a content user said, it won’t change the contour of the footbed of your shoe or adversely affect your how you naturally walk
- They are quite durable. The material does not deteriorate with time. You can only identify it as an old insole because of discoloration
- It is not suitable for all arch types
- There are no cutting guides on the insole. Should you need to trim it, you’ll have to use your old insole as guide
How to select your size of the insole:
- If your footwear size has .5, order the next size down. For example, if you wear 9.5, order size 9
8. Dr. Scholl’s Clear Cushioning Insoles for Flats
The goal of this insole is to support your entire body through your feet. It is designed specifically for women who experience discomfort while wearing flats.
- Targeted Cushioning: the heel of the insole and ball of foot are covered in clear gel to provide support and cushioning to those part of the feet when you use this insole
- Arch support: designed to distribute pressure evenly across the feet away from the heels and ball of the foot
- Slim design: it has a slim design that won’t crowd your toes or make your shoes feel tight
- Absorbs shock using its clear gel and provides cushioning for the feet
- Recommendable for flats, boots, casual shoes and heels 2 inches or lower
- Relieves and prevents ball of the foot pain by shifting pressure away from it, all thanks to the arch support
- They are not non-slip. They move around the footbed of the shoes and would have to be tapped or glued to the floor bed of your shoes. Gluing the insole would mean you cannot use it for another shoe
- They do not cover up to the toe box area
9. Sof Sole Insoles AIRR Performance Gel Shoe Insert
- Gel in forefoot: this provides maximum cushioning for the forefoot
- Skydex in heel and arch: these are air capsules that absorb the impact of the insoles with the ground and converts it to kinetic energy for ultimate shock absorption
- Top cover treatment: the top cover is laced with odour-causing bacteria killer alias, anti-bacterial. This prevents bad smell from developing in the shoes and eventually, the feet
- Coolmax technology: this wicks away moisture from the foot through the insoles
- Make: the footbed is made of polyurethane to give full comfort to the entire foot
- They are perfect for athletic shoes and engaging in high impact activities. The cool max technology quickly wicks off heat from the feet when you are engaged in sports activities to keep you comfortable and regulate body temperature
- They are non-slip. They have a good grip with the bottom of the shoes, so they do not move around in them
- They are durable and will probably out live the shoes they are inserted in
- Suitable for people with medium arch
- They are not suitable for all arch types.